Monday, March 29, 2010

i curse thee, bicycle thief

today was just not my day. don't get me wrong; it wasn't entirely traumatic.

contrary to post-12pm, i had a great morning. In fact, it was so great, i actually felt like it was the start to a fantastic day. i woke up at a reasonable time, managed to finish a small assignment, finished planning mama and papa's trip, spoke to Ira on Skype, laughed about the smallest things and etc.

Not until i left the house, went downstairs and out the gate, only to NOT find my bike where i last parked it. Then i realized i might have parked it at another bicycle bay, 10metres away. So i walked and searched amongst the 10 bikes there and ohh guess what... MINE WASN'T THERE!

I didn't know how and what to feel. It was a rush and everything was so sudden. My bike was there 24 hours ago. i am so pissed, upset, and whatever else one can feel when something so expensive got stolen!

I forked out 40euros (SGD$80) for a bike that was probably 10th-hand. And it's only nice to have a bike to cycle around. Of course, you can walk but walking is not my thing and sometimes, i just need to get from place to place in the shortest time.

Strangely enough, i had thoughts about losing my bike three days ago. This was because everyone had super thick and heavy chain-locks but i had the kind of lock that was enough to be used in Singapore. Obviously, Singaporeans never had a thing for stealing bikes. And someone commented on my lock some days ago, saying "No way, this is not enough!". So i actually thought of buying a lock (for SGD$20, that's why i was hesitant) one of these days.

So a few hours later, i went down to Waterlooplein, the same place i got my first one, and got another bike for 40euros and a thick chain-lock for 10euros (total, 40euros=SGD$100). sigh, i don't believe my hard earned money is channelled towards such purchases. I never thought this would happen to me!

ARRRGGGGH.

*may you get divine retribution for this, biaatch/bastard - whichever you may be!

2 comments:

  1. HEYY. HOW ARE YOU ! haha i havent been here in the longest time. as always your life is verrry excitinggg. saw fizah's comment on your facebook and got diverted here.

    im in milan now and im surprised some bicycles come with mega huge locks. what type of bicycle did you get? speaking of which do you know tampines is now an official bicycle town with new rules (but bet no one knows about the new rules except old retirees)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA HEIKAL!! So nice to hear from you. and glad that you're reading my blog. you just made my day la with the Tampines thing.

    and yes, i was using the kind of lock people would use in Sg. but here, they use like real metal chain locks - heavy duty ones. don't be surprised, even those bikes get stolen!

    How is Milan? When did you arrive and how long you gonna be there for?

    ReplyDelete